Peer to Peer Course
- Like to learn more about your mental illness?
- Benefit by being around others that know what it’s like living with mental illness?
- Be interested in developing a Relapse Prevention Plan?
If so, please join us for Peer-to-Peer, an 8-week free structured course that will help you in your quest to live well with mental illness. You will learn about self-advocacy and, at the same time, create a special bond with others in the course.
What You Should Expect
- Eight two-hour sessions, free of charge.
- Designed for individuals (18 and over) living with mental illness.
- Taught by a trained team of individuals living in recovery from mental illness.
- Incorporates presentations, discussion and exercises.
Why You Should Attend
A TOOLKIT OF INFORMATION
- Up-to-date research on brain biology.
- Mental illness symptoms and their relationship to personal experiences.
- Personalized relapse prevention plan.
- Tools to prepare for interactions with health care providers.
- Skills for making decisions and reducing stress.
WISDOM FROM SHARED EXPERIENCES
This peer-led course provides a confidential place to learn from shared experiences in an environment of sincere, uncritical acceptance. No specific medication or medical therapy is endorsed or recommended. Our Core Philosophy informs the course’s approach.
Participation in the course gives you an opportunity to gain tangible resources – personalized plans, strategies for potential events in the future and information – as well as a deeper understanding of your personal recovery process.
- We have more in common than not.
- We are all experts on our own experience.
- We respect individual experiences and individual choices.
- We are free to choose our own path.
- There is no one true way to do or be anything.
What Others Say About NAMI Peer-to-Peer
“Peer-to-Peer has allowed me to take the focus off my illness and learn to balance it with the rest of my life. By engaging in recovery I am able to be more relaxed and productive both at work and home.”
“It made me feel I was not alone in coping with mental illness; it gave me hope that I could recover and that my life would not always be filled with chaos; it gave me positive role models to inspire me to strive for recuperation and success in life.
Register online HERE or call (360) 695-2823 to add your name to the pre-registration list. When we schedule the class, we will call you immediately to let you know the days and times.