NAMIWalks Your Way Northwest
Saturday, May 30, 2020
This is one of our largest fundraisers, allowing us to continue to offer groups and classes free of charge to those who need them, thanks to donors like you. We wouldn’t be able to do what we do without you.
This year due to Covid-19, NAMIWalks NW is a virtual event.
Here are some ideas that people and their teams are using to get more involved on May 30:
Walking 3,500 steps for a 5K their way
Planning a craft day with their kids
Holding a virtual bake-off with their team
Practicing self-care with a favorite hobby: yoga, gardening, knitting
Doing a 5K on the treadmill or stationary bike
Hosting a virtual paint and sip party
Holding a virtual karaoke
Hosting a game or trivia night
Planning a lip sync competition and
Joining the Live event online
If you decide to host an event or get more people involved with your walk efforts, we are asking people to take photos and videos of how your team is participating and share your activity on a favorite social media with the link to your walk fundraising page and the hashtags #NotAlone #NAMIWalksthisway and #MentalHealthForAll or send photos and videos to us! This is of course optional.
Get Creative!! Join us on namiwalks.org/northwest.
How to participate:
1. To walk or be a virtual walker. Go to www.namiwalks.org/northwest. Click on big blue button “register to walk.” Select what kind of walker you want to be. Select team and follow instructions to join that team.
2. To donate to a team. Go to www.namiwalks.org/northwest. Click on big blue button “donate.” Click on Team tab. Select Team’s name. Follow instructions to donate.
3. To donate to an individual who is on a team. Go to www.namiwalks.org/northwest and click on big blue button “donate.” Click on individual tab. Search by individual’s name and click on it. Follow instructions to donate.
4. To become a sponsor. Check out the sponsorship brochure here or talk to our local walk manager, Chiara Caballero 360-695-2823 ext. 104, her email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. To donate cash either by an individual or business. Make a check out to NAMIWalks Northwest and make sure they know it’s for a NAMI SW WA team or donation. Please don’t send cash in the mail, thank you!
Mail checks to:
4701 SE 24th Ave., Suite E
Portland, OR, 97202
Want to keep your donation in Washington State? Go to namiwalks.org/washington and make your donation there.
♥ THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT! ♥