Who Can Attend NAMI Support Groups?
Support Groups are all peer-led, free of cost, and open to anyone who fits the criteria.
The Connection Support Group, Connection & Substance Use Support Group, and Women’s Support Group are suitable for any adult living with mental illness.
The Family Support Groups are suitable for any adult who has a loved one affected by mental illness.
For example, while we respect that many people may fall under both criteria, it is important that participants understand that NAMI Connection Support Groups are for people living with mental illness seeking support for their own mental illness and not their family members. While NAMI Family Support Groups are for people seeking support and insight from others from the challenges and success from others who have loved ones living with mental illness.
How Do I Attend a Support Group?
All NAMI SW WA are online, not in-person. You will have to sign-in with your name and email in order to attend the group. Please note that all groups will close after 10 – 15 minutes so as not to disrupt the check-in process. Click the Support Group you’d like to attend to register.
If you can only call in from a phone, use one of these phone numbers (if one is busy, try the next one):
- (971) 247-1195
- (213) 338-8477
- (253) 215-8782
- (301) 715-8592
- Connection & Substance Use Support Group, Mondays 4:00 – 5:30 PM
- Women’s Connection Support Group, Wednesdays 10:00 – 11:30 AM
- Connection Recovery Support Group, Thursdays 3:00 – 4:30 PM
- Family Support Group, 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month, 6:30 – 8:00 PM
- Family Support Group, Thursdays 3:00 – 4:30 PM
- Parent Family Support Group, 2nd and 4th Thursdays of the month, 6:30 – 8:00 PM
- Creative Writing for Wellness, Fridays 12:00 – 1:30 PM
View these Online Groups if you don’t find what you’re looking for.